| Group Rules|
-have access to all folders aside from the featured folder (which is reserved for moderator artwork)
-you do not have to be an artist to join this group
-if you feel you are ready to join our group as a moderator, please understand that you will be voted on, and we will expect you to help with admin work (this includes voting on member submissions, offering criqitues to members when requested, and taking part in the moderation team talks, etc)
-moderators that do not fulfil their responsibilities will be demoted to regular member status
-your artwork must be of group level
If you do not feel this position is right for you, please join as a regular member instead.
Only submit finished artwork that you are proud of.
This group has above-average standards, and submissions are moderated and accepted at the moderation team's discretion. If you are not a serious artist and don't want to improve and challenge yourself, this may not be the right group for you to submit to.
- you may submit one picture per week
-mature content must be labeled as such
- any original characters must have evidence of anime/manga stylizations (ie no realism or Americanized cartoons), however style is disregarded if the subject is an already established anime or manga character
- stolen, traced, copied or directly referenced artwork is not accepted
-colouring lineart that was not done by you is not allowed, unless the artwork is a consented collaboration decided by both yourself and the other artist beforehand
- We do not, and will not ever accept substandard tutorials; pages full of eyes, tutorials with no explanations and/or are poorly explained, and tutorials drawn by artists that obviously don't know what they're doing wil not be accepted. Works-in-progress screen captures are NOT tutorials.
- you may suggest a favourite, but keep in mind that these are also accepted by voting.
- If your work does not meet our standards, we will decline your submission.
- To receive a critique for your artwork if declined, please write a comment in your Correspondence Message log only. Inquiring via NOTE is not recommended, as your piece may only be declined because of submission to the inappropriate folder. Notes do not tell us which folder you submitted into, unfortunately.
- Due to the number of people asking for critiques, we may fail to answer everybody's inquiry, and it may not be guaranteed but we do assure you that we are doing our best to get back to everyone to give a detailed, constructive criticism.
Anatomy: This is most important aspect of a picture.
Colouring Technique: Must be clean and organized as per style. Rushed jobs are not appreciated.
Detail Level: Attention to detail is important, but keep in mind that too many details can be overkill.
Action and Emotion: The artwork should send a message as to what the artist is trying to portray. Setting is important.
Effort: The is a huge difference between a picture that had half an hour devoted to it, and a picture that had three hours devoted.
Originality: This contains all of the above, and how the artwork feels to us. Creating an interesting image with perspective, good execution and personality is important.
Mascot/Icon design by FranyBerry
|More Journal Entries|